The HiveMQ blog recently ran a blog post series about securing MQTT. It featured 10 blog posts packed with content about security for the Internet of Things and MQTT.
For convenience, here is a list with all blog posts.
- Introducing the MQTT Security Fundamentals
- Authentication with Username and Password
- Advanced Authentication Mechanisms
- TLS / SSL
- X509 Client Certificate Authentication
- OAuth 2.0 & MQTT
- MQTT Payload Encryption
- MQTT Message Data Integrity
- Securing MQTT Systems
If you plan to run MQTT in production, make sure to read the blog posts!